The Traverse City Winter Comedy Festival will bring some of America’s best comics to Traverse City February 13-16. The lineup includes Rosie O’Donnell, Fred Willard (who will receive the 2014 Comedy Legend Award), Michael Ian Black, Tig Notaro, Stephen Lynch, Sinbad (yes, that Sinbad), Tim Meadows (Saturday Night Live), Dave Foley (Kids in the Hall), Jeff Garlin (Festival co-founder, Curb Your Enthusiasm and the The Goldbergs), Matt Braunger, Kirk Fox, Dan St. Germain, Sarah Tiana, TJ & Dave, Mike Toomey, and Set List.
Tickets go on sale this Friday, January 31 at 12 noon either online at wintercomedy.org or in the State Theatre lobby.
- The regional premiere of Jeff Garlin’s new film, “Dealin’ with Idiots”.
- The “Late Night Combo Platter” in Horizon Books basement featuring festival headliners in a fun & informal setting
- After parties at The Little Fleet (Friday) and Phil’s on Front (Saturday).
- A free recording of TC’s Drink My Brewcast podcast with visiting comedians at InsideOut Gallery on Saturday at 3:30.
- A Ferris Wheel on Front Street!
- Friday & Saturday night parties from 7-11 at the International Ice Bar in the Polar Vortex tent on Front Street. Admission to the parties is free for anyone with a comedy show ticket or ticket stub, and the general public can enter for only $5. Inside the Vortex, partygoers can imbibe the native drinks of Olympic delegations from around the world at cash bars equipped with ice luges and free hors d’oeuvres.
- Food events in the Polar Vortex including the Soup’r Bowl Competition on Saturday (noon – 3 PM on Saturday) and a Frozen Cherry Brunch Sunday morning from 9-12 noon.
- Bonfires with free s’mores and a mind-blowing “Fire & Ice” display, an ice-stravaganza on Front Street, funny family movies, hot chocolate madness and a Grand Traverse Pie Co. Make and Bake event in celebration of National Cherry Month (register at noon, event from 2-4 PM).
- An ice skating rink (they provide the skates or bring your own), a zip line, a big sledding hill, a Ferris wheel, frozen mini golf, and a sports arena with snowblower races, rowboat races, the Slip and Fall Olympics, and National Cherry Festival favorites like the Monster Dog Pull and Kid Competitions.
Most of the events on Front Street are FREE all weekend – stay tuned to eatdrinkTC for more features.
Head over to their website for complete information about the festival. They’re seeking volunteers too!