One year ago today, the Traverse City City Commission passed an ordinance allowing food trucks to operate on city property. A year later, that decision has really paid off with (at last count) a bakers dozen of food trucks operating in and around Traverse City.
Read on for more including our listing of Traverse City food trucks!
Twelve years later, he’s still in Traverse City and gearing up to open A’s Food with an Accent at The Little Fleet. Antonio started his culinary career at a family restaurant in Portugal when he was 17 and then spent 16 years working on cruise ships and traveling the world. With his daughter grown and off to college, he’s done working as a home dad and ready for a new challenge. Read more
For a decade, Epicure Catering founders Andy Schudlich & Cammie Buehler have been creating local and seasonal menus for weddings and other events. One of the ways they’ve made their name is with an uncompromising commitment to sculpting menus using the food that’s in season. Although most of us are probably looking out the window and seeing nothing but snow in season, it’s there if you know where to look.
Andy says, “The things that are in season in wintertime are the things that are still in the ground, beets, carrots, parsnips, sunchokes. They’re the vegetables that nature will put up on her own – you can leave them in the ground and they’ll get sweeter and better. Of course you still have dig them out.”
- 2017 Shorts Brewing Anniversary Party
- 2016 Traverse City Beer Week – November 11-17
- Farmers Market Brunches during Cherry Festival
- Selden Standard chef Andy Hollyday and The Cooks’ House Guest Chef Series
- 2016 Short’s Anniversary Party
- Short’s Space Rock now gluten free
- Morel Dinner (and Hunt!) at Black Star Farms
- Morel Love
- Wild Food Wednesday: Morels
- Wild Food Wednesday: Ramps or Wild Leeks