Lisa Flaska Erickson was lucky enough to attend a cooking class by Trattoria Stella chef Myles Anton at The Box last month. It was titled simply “The Pig” and Myles showed the class how to break down half a pig and how to cut, prepare and EAT the many cuts! (we have a full cooking class calendar if you’re interested)
Speaking of Myles, it was announced this week that he is a semifinalist for the James Beard Foundation’s Best Chef in the Great Lakes for the fourth time in five years!
If you’re out and taking photos of eating, drinking and enjoying the Traverse City area this weekend, you can enter enter this month’s #eatdrinkTC Photo Contest by just adding the “#eatdrinkTC” hashtag to your photo on Twitter or Instagram, sharing it to our Facebook or adding it to our Flickr group.
The prize this month is two 3-course dinners at The Cooks’ House!
Every Thursday we post a weekend roundup featuring a variety of things to do over the weekend. We had so much fun last weekend that we want to share some highlights and feature a some events this week to keep on your radar!
- 2016 Traverse City Beer Week – November 11-17
- Farmers Market Brunches during Cherry Festival
- Selden Standard chef Andy Hollyday and The Cooks’ House Guest Chef Series
- 2016 Short’s Anniversary Party
- Short’s Space Rock now gluten free
- Morel Dinner (and Hunt!) at Black Star Farms
- Morel Love
- Wild Food Wednesday: Morels
- Wild Food Wednesday: Ramps or Wild Leeks
- Friday Cocktail Hour: Pamplemousse by Gary Jonas of The Little Fleet