Last Month’s Winner
Michelle Rodriguez is on Instagram at instagram.com/amor_comida. She is one of the chefs at Black Star Farms in Suttons Bay and moved back to the Midwest from Austin, TX. After a stint cooking at the Girl and the Goat in Chicago, she returned home to Traverse City.
She made two separate soups and you can get the recipes below – thanks Michelle and congratulations!
This Month’s Prize
This month’s prize is the Sleeping Bear Gift Basket from Traverse Gourmet. It’s one of their many all-Michigan gourmet food gift baskets and features some great TC area companies:
- Great Lakes Tortilla Chips
- Food For Thought Organic Salsa Virtuosa
- Brownwood Farms Famous Kream Mustard
- Grocer’s Daughter Chocolate Blue Bar
- Higher Grounds Trading Organic Funky Mamacita
- Sleeping Bear Farms Star Thistle Honey
eatdrinkTC is teaming up with Baytown Kitchen for our first #eatdrinkTC Photo Contest. Click the link for details and how to enter – it’s really easy!
We know that many people are using Instagram and Twitter to share pictures of the tasty things they’re eating and drinking. We are excited to take things a step further and share tasty things our first eatdrinkTC Instagram Photo Contest!
The winner will receive a $50 gift certificate* at Bay Town Kitchen located at 420 Munson Ave in Traverse City. Chef Keil Moshier and his crew prepare locally sourced American cuisine. The menu features basic diner style food with an upscale twist and a heavy focus on Michigan products, and they use only the freshest produce and the finest cuts of meat seasoned with a unique blend of spices. The restaurant is family-friendly and open every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7 AM – 10 PM.
Click here to view contest rules and to see the photos.
*Certificate may only be used for food.
Our latest featured Instagram is “Island View Pinot Blanc gets pressed!” from the new account of Left Foot Charley and brought to you by the Full Circle Department.
Below their photo we’ve included “Pinot Blanc ready for the crush at Left Foot Charley!” – our own Instagram shot of the very same grapes. Stay tuned for a shot of the wine in the glass coming in 2014 and follow the crush & winemaking process and all the action @leftfootcharley on Instagram!
- 2017 Shorts Brewing Anniversary Party
- 2016 Traverse City Beer Week – November 11-17
- Farmers Market Brunches during Cherry Festival
- Selden Standard chef Andy Hollyday and The Cooks’ House Guest Chef Series
- 2016 Short’s Anniversary Party
- Short’s Space Rock now gluten free
- Morel Dinner (and Hunt!) at Black Star Farms
- Morel Love
- Wild Food Wednesday: Morels
- Wild Food Wednesday: Ramps or Wild Leeks