The dinner is a result of the organic excitement that is building in Traverse City’s food scene. Last month at The Little Fleet, Roaming Harvest’s Simon Joseph teamed up with Chef Harlan “Pete” Peterson to present the Breaking Bread Dinner.
One of the perks of living in Traverse City in wintertime is that Lobdell’s teaching restaurant is in session. The second floor restaurant boasts an incredible view of Grand Traverse Bay and is one of Traverse City’s rare waterfront dining experiences. Located at the Great Lakes Campus upstairs from the Hagerty Center, Lobdell’s serves as a classroom for Great Lakes Culinary Institute students who prepare for a career as a chef or kitchen manager by planning, cooking and serving meals.
They are open to the public Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 AM – 1 PM through April 30, 2014 (and then again during the fall semester). Reservations are highly recommended – call (231) 995-3120 to make them and learn more at www.nmc.edu/resources/lobdells.
- 2017 Shorts Brewing Anniversary Party
- 2016 Traverse City Beer Week – November 11-17
- Farmers Market Brunches during Cherry Festival
- Selden Standard chef Andy Hollyday and The Cooks’ House Guest Chef Series
- 2016 Short’s Anniversary Party
- Short’s Space Rock now gluten free
- Morel Dinner (and Hunt!) at Black Star Farms
- Morel Love
- Wild Food Wednesday: Morels
- Wild Food Wednesday: Ramps or Wild Leeks