NMC ‘s College for Kids summer program is for kids aged 3-17, and their summer series includes several great culinary classes for kids! The classes are weeklong, and financial aid is available for families meeting low-income requirements. Call (231) 995-1700 for a scholarship form and click the link above for registration and the full catalog.
Last night eatdrinkTC joined over 200 people at InsideOut Gallery for the launch of the Party in the Pantry cooking show. It was so exciting to see how much energy and interest our local food scene is capable of generating and what DC Hayden and the crew were able to produce!
Watch the first episode of this innovative fusion of cooking, music and fun below. You can read our feature on the show and definitely head over to partyinthepantry.tv for Kristin Karam’s delicious and approachable stromboli recipe and lots more.
The Party In The Pantry is a new culinary entertainment program that will pair local chefs, musical artists and high-end production to create a new vehicle for showcasing our region’s culinary excellence. Each episode will feature a local chef cooking with products grown or made by area food producers along with a local musician.
The show is the brain child local videographer and Grocer’s Daughter Chocolate co-owner DC Hayden who explains, “I was really inspired by a group in Minneapolis who are doing a lot of programming for the city – getting out and about and telling local stories. I really wanted to something here in Traverse City, and I thought what better combination than food & music?”
- 2016 Traverse City Beer Week – November 11-17
- Farmers Market Brunches during Cherry Festival
- Selden Standard chef Andy Hollyday and The Cooks’ House Guest Chef Series
- 2016 Short’s Anniversary Party
- Short’s Space Rock now gluten free
- Morel Dinner (and Hunt!) at Black Star Farms
- Morel Love
- Wild Food Wednesday: Morels
- Wild Food Wednesday: Ramps or Wild Leeks
- Friday Cocktail Hour: Pamplemousse by Gary Jonas of The Little Fleet