Bistro Foufou shared this pic on their Instagram. Check them out and share your own pics with us at #eatdrinkTC on Instagram & Twitter!
eatdrinkTC’s Friday Cocktail Hour is a new feature where we feature original cocktails from some of Traverse City’s most creative cocktail artists. Our thanks go out to Michael Ruhlman for letting us share his Friday Cocktail Hour concept. Tune in next Friday for another!
Joseph Shoup is the Bar Manager at Bistro Foufou in Traverse City and has been working there since they opened in in August.
Joseph says that he drinks to elevate his condition, not to depress it. As a bartender, he feels his role us to encourage the same direction of experience in the guests at Bistro Foufou. Joseph believes that the quality of the components of the beverage as a major part of the finished product and uses fresh ingredients wherever possible.
Je T’aime (French for I Love You)
Shake with ice, strain over fresh ice into a tulip glass. Garnish with a wide orange twist. (They express oils better than thin ones)
About the drink, Joseph says, “If you think of love as a liquid that flows between two people, whereby one pours out and the other takes in, it has a welcoming warmth, intrigue, and beauty, yet often a slight bite to it. This beverage contains parallel qualities.”
- 2017 Shorts Brewing Anniversary Party
- 2016 Traverse City Beer Week – November 11-17
- Farmers Market Brunches during Cherry Festival
- Selden Standard chef Andy Hollyday and The Cooks’ House Guest Chef Series
- 2016 Short’s Anniversary Party
- Short’s Space Rock now gluten free
- Morel Dinner (and Hunt!) at Black Star Farms
- Morel Love
- Wild Food Wednesday: Morels
- Wild Food Wednesday: Ramps or Wild Leeks