The highlight of the fundraiser is a sparkling toast sponsored by Black Star Farms featuring their delicious bubbly, Bedazzled. Every glass will have a prize, and one lucky winner will receive a rough cut emerald!
Last weekend, two northern Michigan breweries brought back medals from the premier craft brewing event in the country, the Great American Beer Festival.
This Saturday (October 4) the village of Empire goes straight to the heart of craft brewing with the first annual Empire Hops Festival.
Traverse City’s ongoing debate over events & festivals makes the Detroit Free Press and once again it’s coming off as Traverse City saying “NO” to tourism and tourist dollars. The matter is before the City Commission tonight, and we also scan through some positive press for our food scene.
The Leelanau Peninsula Vintners Association (LPVA) will award the first Bruce Simpson Winemaker Scholarships to 4 recipients next Tuesday.
Results from the 2014 Michigan Wine Competition have been announced and – as has been the case in recent years – our local wineries have performed very well. Read more
- 2016 Traverse City Beer Week – November 11-17
- Farmers Market Brunches during Cherry Festival
- Selden Standard chef Andy Hollyday and The Cooks’ House Guest Chef Series
- 2016 Short’s Anniversary Party
- Short’s Space Rock now gluten free
- Morel Dinner (and Hunt!) at Black Star Farms
- Morel Love
- Wild Food Wednesday: Morels
- Wild Food Wednesday: Ramps or Wild Leeks
- Friday Cocktail Hour: Pamplemousse by Gary Jonas of The Little Fleet