Last weekend, two northern Michigan breweries brought back medals from the premier craft brewing event in the country, the Great American Beer Festival.
This Saturday (October 4) the village of Empire goes straight to the heart of craft brewing with the first annual Empire Hops Festival.
The Master Gardener Association of Northwest Michigan is hosting a fun and educational event celebrating the latest trend in backyard gardening…chickens! Adults, children and families are invited to celebrate the backyard chicken on Sunday, October 19 at 3 pm at the Traverse City Opera House.
The Michigan Farm to Institution Network will host a tomato tour this Friday, September 19 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sorry folks – this has been cancelled!
via the Downtown Traverse City Instagram…
From 5-9 TONIGHT, Downtown Traverse City will be hosting their Fall Art Walk. The commemorative glass is only $5 and will get you a free pour from local wineries in the 25 participating retail locations (click for PDF map – new window). ArtCenter Traverse City will be celebrating their Art in the City program as well, and you can check out the works from the August Plein Air paint out at the City Opera House.
Stop down and admire the great pieces of art, great wine, great shops, and make great memories.
- Short’s & Stormcloud bring home Great American Beer Festival hardware!
- Perennial Polyculture Parade with Seth Bernard
- Empire Hops Festival this Saturday
- Local Farmers in National Geographic
- Chickens at the Opera House ~ Sunday, Oct 19
- River’s End Block Party coming Sept 27th!
- Tomato Tour at local farms this Friday
- Photo Friday: Downtown TC Art Walk TONIGHT!
- Vegan Dinner with Epicure Catering at Little Fleet
- Great Lakes Fish Boil at Black Star Farms