The Michigan Farm to Institution Network will host a tomato tour this Friday, September 19 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sorry folks – this has been cancelled!
via the Downtown Traverse City Instagram…
From 5-9 TONIGHT, Downtown Traverse City will be hosting their Fall Art Walk. The commemorative glass is only $5 and will get you a free pour from local wineries in the 25 participating retail locations (click for PDF map – new window). ArtCenter Traverse City will be celebrating their Art in the City program as well, and you can check out the works from the August Plein Air paint out at the City Opera House.
Stop down and admire the great pieces of art, great wine, great shops, and make great memories.
Traverse City’s ongoing debate over events & festivals makes the Detroit Free Press and once again it’s coming off as Traverse City saying “NO” to tourism and tourist dollars. The matter is before the City Commission tonight, and we also scan through some positive press for our food scene.
Chef James Rigato is just 26 years old, but since graduating from Schoolcraft’s Culinary Program at age 17 he has worked at some of metro Detroit’s finer restaurants, opened The Root Restaurant & Bar with proprietor Ed Mamou, started the popular Young Guns Chef Dinner Series and is now a contestant on Season 12 of Top Chef. In October, he’s coming to Traverse City, and he’s bringing friends!
One of our favorite Twitter follows is The Intentional Minimalist @intentionalmini. Food writer & recipe developer Kristin Celeste Shroeger shares her farm-to-table recipes to encourage cooking in harmony with the seasons using local and sustainable produce in Northern Michigan.
Scrumptious purple cabbage slaw with a delightful verjus poppy seed dressing. (Click for the recipe!)
- River’s End Block Party coming Sept 27th!
- Tomato Tour at local farms this Friday
- Photo Friday: Downtown TC Art Walk TONIGHT!
- Vegan Dinner with Epicure Catering at Little Fleet
- Great Lakes Fish Boil at Black Star Farms
- Media Monday: Cherry Festival making headlines, WJR live from Workshop Brewing
- Photo Friday: BLT Improv by jmgegel
- Chef James Rigato bringing Young Guns Chefs’ Dinner to Traverse City
- Twitter Tuesday: The Intentional Minimalist
- Beggars Fest on Saturday at The Little Fleet